Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wild Grasses of Ainsworth: Scouring Rush

Scouring Rush
(Click on image to enlarge)

"Not a true rush," my guide says. I wonder what you have to do to be a true rush. Well, Equisetum hyemale may not be true, but it's evergreen … which sounds like a description of gossip.

Found these in Deep River County Park, in the same perpetually wet area where the Skunk Cabbage and the Spotted Touch-Me-Not grow.

I'm about ready to implement Summer Posting Time again, I'm so busy. I've been doing that to some extent, posting so many pictures lately. It's easier to post a picture than write a story. Probably more interesting, too, though less informative, but that's usually the way life is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog every day, and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Please keep up the good work. (I like all the pictures, too!)

Ainsworthiana said...

Thanks! It's always nice to hear to hear that someone's enjoying this stuff.