Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Camera? What Camera? (WWI-Era Photo Album)

Not for the Camera, 33a
(Click on images to enlarge)
Images courtesy of the Hobart Historical Society.


These two photos have no identification, but I believe we're still at the Epworth League convention in Hobart, June 1918. I'm particularly fond of this one because the two young women seem entirely unaware of the camera. Nothing exists in the world for them but each other's conversation. The one on the right is gesturing so briskly that the camera blurs her hand. I wonder what they're saying?

I'm not entirely sure what that building behind them is. It might be the high school.

The second photo on this page is Miss Nickel Plate, once again. In the background, at left, I think that's the M.E. parsonage and then the church beyond it, and Fourth Street crossing from the right.

Miss Nickel Plate and Church, 33b

No comments: