Thursday, April 22, 2010

You Know Who You Are

A selection of anonymous Ainsworth news items from the Hobart Gazette, 1905-1910:

Notice of Warning

I hereby warn those who have several times in the past visited my home and premises while myself and family were away from making such visits in the future under penalty of prosecution. The party who was in my house on Sunday, Aug. 9, is known and is hereby warned from doing so again.

Louis Wojahn.

♦    ♦    ♦
A little shooting affair is reported to have taken place Sunday morning at Ainsworth but no one was hurt.
♦    ♦    ♦
Ainsworth ranks first in the line of pugilists as it went to show Saturday evening. Anyone can get particulars by asking Ed. Mankey.
♦    ♦    ♦
The party who took my round-bottom scoop scraper from my lot had better return same or I will make it high price for him.

Chas. Maybaum, Jr.


Yep. And don't do it again.

Sources:
♦ "Ainsworth Pick-Ups." Hobart Gazette 27 Jan. 1905; 10 June 1910.
♦ "General News Items." Hobart Gazette 20 Dec. 1907.
♦ "Notice of Warning." Hobart Gazette 28 Aug. 1908.

No comments: