Monday, May 9, 2011

Home Service Station

HarryGrey-HomeServiceStation
(Click on image to enlarge)

Today is Old Service Station Matchbook Day here on Ainsworth, Indiana. This is another matchbook I got on eBay and don't know anything about.

According to the American Matchcover Collecting Club's website, the Match Corp. of America, located in Chicago, began operating around the mid-1920s and was bought out by the Lion Match Corp. circa 1970.

The same old-timer who told me about Jack and Bud said that the guys used to kid Harry Grey by calling him "Grey Hairy."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello My name is Geoff Woods and my email is novagsw@hotmail.com
I would be interested in the matchbook cover if you still have it. Harry Gray was my mother's great uncle....or also, he was my great grandmother's brother
Thank you

Ainsworthiana said...

Thanks for your interest. I have emailed you.