Thursday, July 5, 2012

Bricky and Bally

And with a little more research, we confirm that "Bricky" was Milton Ballantyne, our source being this page from Hobart High School's Aurora yearbook for 1915:

Bricky Ballantyne 1915 Aurora
(Click on images to enlarge)
Images courtesy of the Hobart Historical Society.


But we don't know which of those freshmen is Bricky.

As we know, during World War I Milton and Elmer Ballantyne belonged to Co. K, Hobart's home guard. Here is Milton in uniform:

Milton Ballantyne et al

Handwritten notes on the back read:
1917
Milton Ballantyne
Walter MacPherson
Pat Clifford
The writer does not specify left to right, so we still don't know for sure.

Here is brother Elmer (in 1918, according to a handwritten note on the back):

Elmer Ballantyne

I think I perceive a resemblance between Elmer and the man on the left in the previous photo, so maybe that is Milton.

And I suppose if Milton was "Bricky," Elmer was "Bally."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I looked at them really well, and from knowing Dorothy, I'm calling Milton on the far left.