Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hobart Then and Now: Roosevelt Gym

Circa 1949 and 2010.

RooseveltGymcirca1949
RooseveltGym2010
(Click on image to enlarge)
Top image courtesy of the Hobart Historical Society.


Well, I guess we showed that historic landmark who's boss, didn't we?

The Hobart Historical Society has a pile of bricks salvaged from the gym, and they are going to offer them for sale as soon as they can decide how much to charge, which I believe they are going to do at their meeting on Saturday.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Oh no! Not the Roosevelt Gym! I spent many a sweaty hour in that place. They used to hold dances there too. Back when it was the junior high school. (I guess no one uses that term anymore.)

Ainsworthiana said...

If they tore down the gym where I went to junior high, I'd do the Happy Dance.

Janice said...

Yes, junior high was such a "fun" time. But I still have friends that I stay in contact with from that time. I will pass the link to your blog to them so they can mourn also!