Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Doll and The Shed

From Mildred Lindborg's photo album.

29a Toots and her doll
(Click on images to enlarge)
Images courtesy of N.B.


I've posted this photo before, but would you believe I only just now noticed that there is someone sitting in the rocking chair at the left of the picture? All you can see of that person is his or her foot. Anyway, as we know, "Toots" kept that doll to the end of her life, and it is now on display at the Lake County Historical Museum in the old courthouse in Crown Point.

The second photo on this page Mildred captioned simply, "The Shed," in spite of the three human beings standing in front of the shed.

29b The Shed

Left to right, they are Mabel Larson(?), unidentified, and Mildred Lindborg.

I would expect "The Shed" to be the little shed where Gust kept twine, the one that later became the Lindborg kids' playhouse — but I'm not sure this can be the same shed that "Bud" was sitting by. One or the other may be misidentified. I don't suppose the question is worth a dissertation.

1 comment:

Suzi E. said...

So wonderful that the doll is preserved as is the photo of it and the little girl who loved her! I've enjoyed these pictures as Mildred and her husband Clarence Lute were friends of my parents.