Saturday, January 26, 2013

How Not to Get Anything Done

This camera of mine came in a set with a second lens, called a macro lens. I didn't know what a macro lens was for and never even took it out of the box in the two or more years I've had it … until yesterday. The instructions it came with were rudimentary, so I had to go on the internet to try to find out how to use a macro lens, and most of the advice boiled down to: learn by trial and error.

So this morning I took my macro lens to the Hobart Historical Society museum and spent an hour and a half taking (and ruining) pictures.

This photo, of organ stops, is one of only a few that weren't entirely ruined.

Vox humana
(Click on images to enlarge)


And late in the afternoon I simply had to go outside and take pictures of stuff. Took 22 pictures. Only three of them weren't ruined.

Phragmites communis gone to seed

Don't know what it is but it's cute

Apple tree twig

I think I should probably put my macro lens back in the box and forget it ever existed.

No comments: