Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mable and Harry and Flower Girl and Hat Guy

From the Schavey envelope collection.

Harry and Mable and Flower Girl and Hat Guy
(Click on image to enlarge)
Image courtesy of the Hobart Historical Society.


Handwritten on the back of this photo: "(left) Mable ___? Breyfogle 1926(?)" That's what I transcribed, anyway. Now I can't remember if that blank line was a blank line in the original, or just illegible. And since nobody reads this thing, I don't have to be meticulous.

Yes, that's Mable Schavey Breyfogle, and we can recognize Harry Breyfogle beside her. As for the two unidentified, they are still unidentified, but I think we've seen them before as Flower Girl and Hat Guy. I'm pretty sure about Hat Guy, not so sure about Flower Girl.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AH! But I DO read it EVERY DAY! You have inspired me to do an amateur history of our town. But as far as being meticulous---don't worry Maybe someday the relatives of these folks can help you figure out some of this stuff. Keep up the good work!
Debbie

Ainsworthiana said...

You're right, I shouldn't say that, even facetiously. I know there are a few people who read this. And since someone showed up to identify Mable's grandparents for me, maybe someone will show up to identify Flower Girl and Hat Guy.

Suzi Emig said...

Hey! I'm here to tell you that your fan base is expanding everyday! My brother recently discovered your blog and asked me if I was familiar with it! He is busy reading to catch up.

Ainsworthiana said...

Welcome, Suzi's Brother!

Eva said...

Hey, I'm here too, still in 2012 (though it is 2014) because I don't want to miss anything - I just discovered your site last fall. This history stuff is exciting!!