Sunday, May 6, 2012

Two Things I Did Not Know

(1) I did not know that silos were such a recent invention. I have been educated by this little nostalgia item (somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but still) from the Hobart News of May 8, 1919.

Twenty Years Ago
(Click on image to enlarge)

(2) I did not know that Kelly Street in Hobart was named for Patrick J. Kelly. I have been educated by his obituary in the Hobart Gazette of May 9, 1919.

Patrick J. Kelly obituary

Here is another version, from the News, May 8, 1919.

Patrick J. Kelly obituary
(Click on image to enlarge)

The "Lake county history" would be, I'm guessing, the Lake County Encyclopedia.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I've lived on Kelly St. for over 70 years and never knew (or even wondered) how it got its name!

Ainsworthiana said...

I'm hoping to find out who Main Street was named for....