Wednesday, January 4, 2012

April Girls (Unidentified Glass-Plate Image)

No. 31
(Click on image to enlarge)
Image courtesy of the Hobart Historical Society.


Handwritten notes on the envelope: "No. 31/Name: High S girls/Remarks: Apr 18 1906 Snap Shot Roebuck Plate."

High School girls? High Street girls? I don't know. Nor do I know where they got those funny hats. Or why. They look as if they're enjoying themselves, though.

The building behind them bears some resemblance to Hobart's first library … but there are also significant differences.

2 comments:

Janice said...

These photos you've been posted are great. I would so love to have photos like these of my relatives.

Ainsworthiana said...

I've found these glass-plate pictures fascinating. Spent way too much time just staring at them. :)