Thursday, April 6, 2017

Lafayette Then and Now: The Wabash River

Circa 1917, and 2017.

Layffatte, 3a
(Click on images to enlarge)
Image above courtesy of the Hobart Historical Society.

Wabash

As Heraclitus said, you cannot photograph the same river twice. Especially when a century goes by between photographs.

As you may remember, the first picture was taken by our anonymous friend, "Myself," whose album of photos now belongs to the Hobart Historical Society.

"Myself" noted that he took his picture "from the 'Trail' near [Lafayette]." I have no clue where that might be.

Me, I took my picture from the Main Street pedestrian bridge between Lafayette and West Lafayette. Because I had to kill some time while the nice people at the Purdue University Small Animal Hospital were tapping my dog's joints.


One hundred years ago today, the U.S. entered World War I.

No comments: