Thursday, February 4, 2016

Edward Hahn

This is Edward Hahn, one of the boys taken in by the McAuliffe family.

Edward Hahn. Undated.
(Click on image to enlarge)
Image courtesy of the Hobart Historical Society and Jocelyn Hahn Johnson.


The photo is undated. Edward was born around 1906, and here I would say he looks about four or five years old. I haven't been able to learn anything about the photographers, but as you can see from the studio's stamp in the lower right corner, it operated out of Dubuque, Iowa. I suppose this was before Edward came to live with the McAuliffes. But where was he staying, I wonder, that he would be dressed in such finery? Those aren't orphanage clothes. (I hope whoever was caring for him didn't let him go to school looking like that; can you image how much he'd get beaten up?)

No comments: