Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Miss Minnie Pusel

From the steamer trunk.

0000-6b Minnie Lowe - back
(Click on images to enlarge)
Images courtesy of E.H.


It was a clever postman indeed who managed to get this card to Minnie Rossow. As far as I'm concerned, no amount of squinting or tilting my head can change that name in the address to anything but "Miss Minnie Pusel."

There's a date written at the top, and a postmark, but in both the year is pretty much illegible. My guess is 1911.

The sender, as best I can read her name, is Mrs. Minnie Lowe. The earliest I can find a Minnie Lowe in Memphis is in a 1927 Memphis city directory (at a different address from the one in the card). But I can't find anything to connect her to Indiana, much less Minnie Rossow. Or Minnie Pusel.

The front of the card is stamped with "A Merry Xmas," apparently a seasonal afterthought to an all-purpose greeting card.

0000-6a Minnie Lowe - front

No comments: