Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fluffy (Unidentified Glass-Plate Image)

Fluffy
(Click on image to enlarge)
Image courtesy of the Hobart Historical Society.


There is no identification on this one, so I don't know that the cat's name was actually Fluffy. It might have been Mr. Snuggles, or Queen Victoria, or Jack.

And with this, folks, we come to the end of our glass-plate collections. I am very sorry to see the last of them. When I began posting these, I wondered if the thrill of discovery hadn't made me overestimate their merit; now I'm sure that's not the case. They really are a remarkable series of photos for the time, so informal and intimate, and thank goodness some of them are identified.

Now that I've gotten addicted to posting random old photos, I intend to keep doing it. Goodness knows there are plenty more pictures at the museum, some identified, some not.

No comments: