Sunday, December 25, 2011

Mystery of the Parish Leaflet Flats Solved

Back when I found out that the Charles Lee family was occupying the Parish Leaflet Flats in Hobart, I did not know where the Parish Leaflet Flats were. Now, thanks to a caption on a strip of negatives at the Hobart Historical Society museum, I do. They were, and are, the block of apartments north of Third Street between East and New Streets. The caption on the negatives gives their address as 212 New Street.

These particular negatives are not dated, but they are among a group of similar negatives, all of which (if dated at all) are dated to sometime in 1968. So let's call them circa 1968.

Parish Leaflet flats
(Click on images to enlarge)
Images courtesy of the Hobart Historical Society.


Parish Leaflet 2

Parish Leaflet 3

2 comments:

Janice said...

I often wondered about these buildings--they always struck me as facing the wrong way . . .Any idea as to when they were built?

Ainsworthiana said...

I don't have a clue. But I will ask around at the museum when it opens again in January; someone there may know.