Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Grand Trunk Western Railroad Employees Timetable 1958

Ainsworth don't get no respect.

1958 Grand Trunk Western Employees Time Table

The train stops at Sedley. It stops at Lottaville. Poor Ainsworth, lying between them, gets passed by.

The only mention I could find of Ainsworth is under "Additional Tracks" on page 24. I assume additional tracks refers to the siding; here it's noted to have a car capacity of 19. That's not bad, but in the 1958 freight cars weren't as big as they are now. I have no cite for that; I just remember the freight trains of my youth in the 1960s.

I did not scan the three pages in this schedule that were superseded by the May 1, 1959 supplemental pages. Any railroadiana purist out there who wants to see those three pages, drop me a note.

No comments: