Monday, March 23, 2020

Unidentified Young Man Working on a Mustache

Three old photos recently popped up for sale locally. This is one of them.

2020-03-23. Unidentified man with mustache - Showman
(Click on image to enlarge)

There is no identification on this photo. Since it was done by Showman's Gallery, we can estimate its date between 1893 and 1898.

This young man's mustache may be wispy, but his suit is well made, and his collar and shirt are crisp and snowy white.

He's wearing some kind of stickpin on the lapel of his vest. The horizontal stripes suggest an American-flag theme, which could mean it's a political pin, but I certainly can't recognize any face on there, or read any name.

2020-03-23. Unidentified lapel pin

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Maybe I'm imagining it, but when I scrolled down I thought for a second this was a picture of Frank Clinton younger. Do you think they could be related?

Ainsworthiana said...

Now that you mention it, I definitely see a similarity about the nose and chin. Frank's ears are different but I wonder if that could be the effect of age. Or they are relatives and Frank was the one who inherited the big-ear genes.