Saturday, February 2, 2013

Emily Rossow

From the Busse autograph collection.

Emily Rossow
(Click on images to enlarge)
Images courtesy of the Hobart Historical Society.


I would be obliged to anyone who can tell me who Emily Rossow was. I've found plenty of Rossow girls in the 1910 census, but none is named Emily.


This little picture was in the autograph album at this page, but there's nothing on it to confirm that it has anything to do with the elusive Emily, rather than just being stuck into the album randomly.

Picture at Emily Rossow's page

Two little children playing at the edge of a cliff, and their guardian angel watching over them. Well, judging by all the newspaper reports I've seen of children injured and killed in this general time frame, I have to say that guardian angels of the early 20th century were pretty bad at their jobs.

No comments: