Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wildflowers of Ainsworth: Sweet Cicely?

SweetCicely1
(Click on images to enlarge)

Lately I've been encountering lots of wildflowers that I can't positively identify in my book. I think this is sweet cicely, but don't quote me on that.

…Or maybe this is sweet cicely.

SweetCicely2

Or maybe they both are. The leaves look similar, but the flower heads don't.

SweetCicely3

*sigh* It's pretty irritating when these flowers won't cooperate with my identification guide. I don't have time to be an amateur historian and a wildflower pseudo-expert-wanna-be if I have to spend lots of time paging through my book and Googling to try to identify these flowers. And I'd rather be an amateur historian. If it weren't for the fact that my dog loves walks in the woods, I wouldn't go on these flower-hunting expeditions at all.

No comments: