Monday, April 8, 2013

It's Louise Because I Say So

Or, When an Amateur Historian Abandons All Standards

These photographs were found in the steamer trunk next to the wedding announcement we just looked at. They were taken by a photographer in St. Louis. Therefore, I have concluded that the subject is Louise Nolte Kolb.

If I have found the right birth record, Louise was born December 18, 1902. So if she's in her early teens in this first one, that would place it in the vicinity of 1915.

Unidentified
(Click on images to enlarge)
Images courtesy of E.H.


In this second one, she's several years older, at least. Her hair looks bobbed. I'm guessing that this photo dates to circa 1925.

Unidentified


A tiny bit of research turned up this listing of St. Louis photographers, which places Frank A. Kientzle at 1534 S. Broadway in this general time frame, as a successor, I gather, to Ludwig F. Hammer, Sr. and Jr.

No comments: