Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thressa Ericson (Glass-Plate Image)

Thressa Ericson
(Click on image to enlarge)
Image courtesy of the Hobart Historical Society.


Another from the manila-folder glass plates. Once again, that familiar fence! Handwritten notes on the envelope identify this girl as "No. 83/Name: Ericson Thressa." I cannot find a Thressa or Theresa Ericson living in Hobart circa 1900-1920; perhaps she was a visiting relative.

I like her dress. It has nice details, like the contrasting buttons and piping, and the scalloped line of the front closure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On Christmas Eve, my family had my 91-year-old aunt over for dinner. She's lived on Michigan Avenue in Hobart her entire life. I showed her this site, and right away she recognized this as her aunt, Edith Theresa "Thressa" Ericson. Thressa married Axel Bood and lived in Hobart her whole life.
My aunt loved this site and recognized many people she used to know, including Oscar Carlson and his family, and Olga Peterson. She had fun looking through your posts for people she knew and I plan on sharing more of this site with her in the future.

Ainsworthiana said...

I'm delighted to hear that you and your aunt are enjoying the site!

So "Thressa's" first name was actually Edith -- no wonder I had trouble finding her! Now I've found her under that name in the 1900 census, and her and Axel in the 1930 census.