Friday, December 2, 2011

A Summer Party: The Womenfolk
(Unidentified Glass-Plate Image)

A Summer Party, part 2
(Click on image to enlarge)
Image courtesy of the Hobart Historical Society.


"No. 17." Unidentified. If that was indeed Oscar Carlson in the photo of the menfolk, I would expect to see Beda Carlson in this one. Looking at this photo, which I supposed showed her, I don't see enough of a resemblance to any of the ladies here for me to stick my neck out with an ID.

♦    ♦    ♦

[Update — 5/4/2012]

Another identification! CK Melin sends in these comments on the photo:
Standing, in the middle, is my great-grandmother Charlotte Wilhemina Melin. All her life, she went by her abbreviated middle name, "Mina" and this is the name on her gravestone at the Hobart Cemetery. She was married to Andrew Melin's brother, Erick Melin, and they were the parents of Olive Melin, Florence, and Henry Eric. See the expanded story in the Historical society.

Seated, third from left wearing a neck scarf : wow, that really looks like Albertina Peterson from Chicago. She's the younger sister of Andrew & Erick Melin. In the "Melin history" at the historical society I have some later photos of Albertina and I do believe this is her.

2 comments:

SuziEmig said...

Love, love, love the details of their clothes and accessories...is that Granny's apron discarded on the ground next to her???

Ainsworthiana said...

I can't tell what it is. It might be an apron all bunched up, or maybe tied up to make a parcel -- but what's inside, then, I wonder? maybe a basketball? :)