Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Former Nolte House, 1947

Here is the saddest house in Ainsworth, in happier times.

2014-6-15. Deep River Farm 1947 001 detail
(Click on images to enlarge)
Images courtesy of Chester Wasy.


This image comes from the 1947 property assessment report prepared for the Wasy family.

2014-6-15. Deep River Farm 1947 001

I do not know how much remodeling this house went through between 1934 and 1947 — not enough to make it unrecognizable to a former neighbor of the Nolte brothers!

As you may remember, this house stood on the west bank of the Deep River, on the north side of Ainsworth Road, east of Big Maple Lake. Mr. Wasy has told me that the property assessment report included a map showing the layout of this farm (houses and outbuildings), which he will send me when he is able; I am hoping that map will help me make sense of the ruins in the woods. I already have photos of the outbuildings and will get around to posting those eventually.

The Wasys lived here for two years before moving to the former Chester house.

No comments: