Sunday, November 4, 2012

Jim's Wife's Mom's Sidesaddle!

Or: When an Amateur Historian Buys a Tripod

I finally coughed up the money for a tripod. I don't know why. But now I have to learn to use it, and how better than to photograph stuff in a dimly lit place without using the flash? Perfect excuse to go to the Hobart museum and take pictures. And so you, dear Readers, will be subjected to treated to some of the results.

The things I photograph won't necessarily have an Ainsworth connection, but this one does: a sidesaddle that belonged to Margaret Spencer, the mother of Effie Spencer, who married James Chester.

The seat is covered with a herringbone-patterned fabric (velvet, I think) that must have been beautiful when it was new.

Sidesaddle label
(Click on images to enlarge)

Sidesaddle detail

Sidesaddle

Sidesaddle 2

No comments: