Sunday, February 6, 2011

Two John Killigrews

Here are a couple of photographs I came across yesterday at the museum. Both are labeled "John Killigrew" with no indication of which John they are. Neither is dated.

John Killigrew Sr., undated
(Click on image to enlarge)
Image courtesy of the Hobart Historical Society.


This is likely John Killigrew, Sr. He does resemble the John Sr. in the photo I posted a few days ago, but he looks perhaps 8 or 10 years younger in this photo. So I'm guessing it dates to roughly the turn of the century.

John Killigrew, Jr., undated

(Click on image to enlarge)
Image courtesy of the Hobart Historical Society.

So this is probably John Killigrew, Jr. Of the two older boys in the group photo from a few days ago, he looks more like the one on the right. (Which would let us identify the one on the left as William.)

I don't know whether he's graduating from high school or college here. The photographer of this picture was Mabel Sykes, who, according to this website, was working (or at least taking pictures of vaudeville artists) in the period roughly from 1907 to 1926. So that doesn't help us much.

♦    ♦    ♦

I haven't found anything relating to the O'Boyle (Boyle) family, but I haven't finished looking yet. I have found some other photos of Killigrew and Bullock (and related) people that I will post as I get them organized.

No comments: