Friday, November 11, 2011

Wettengel House, Part 3

Either this was a bad photo to start with, or it was badly reproduced. On the back, someone wrote "Wittinberg house," and underneath that someone else wrote "Wettengel?" No date. You can't see much of the women's fashions but to me they suggest the 1890s, perhaps early 1900s.

Wittinberg or Wettengel house
(Click on images to enlarge)
All images in this post courtesy of the Hobart Historical Society.


You can see that they put a lot of work into that garden.


The two photos below are undated, but the car in the first is a 1941 Ford Coupe (thanks, R.F.!). On the back of both, someone has written, "Wettengel's             Georgiana St."

Wettengel's, Georgiana St.

Wettengel's, Georgiana St.

That's it for now. I seem to remember at least one more "Wettengel house" photo on the display boards that I forgot to check when I was at the museum getting these. One of these days when I have time …

No comments: