Thursday, October 13, 2011

William Wollenberg, Jr. as Romantic Lead

The Wollenbergs have left Ainsworth, never (so far as I know right now) to return, but I came across a memento while rooting around in the files at the museum: Will Jr. and his fellow actors in costume for the high school play of 1917, "Anne of Old Salem."

W. Wollenberg, 1917
(Click on image to enlarge)
Image courtesy of the Hobart Historical Society.


According to handwritten notes on the back of the original, this picture includes "William Wollenberg [in back, at left], Elsa Rossow, Helen Wild, Gladys Flynn?, Geneva Gill, Ralph Melin?, Grace Henderson, Algot Nelson?, Elsie Gruel, Wayne Thompson?." Yes, the question marks are in the original.

Ruth Miller reportedly was in the play as well, but she's not listed by our note-writer. If I were really interested, I'd go get the microfilm and look up an article entitled "Cast of characters, H.S. Play, Friday Evening," from the Hobart News of May 17, 1917, to compare its listing with this (since I didn't print it out back when I was reading it the first time, or take full notes). But I'm not.

No comments: