Monday, September 28, 2009

Wildflowers of Ainsworth: Flower-of-an-hour

Flower-of-an-hour
(Click on image to enlarge)

So called because the blossom doesn't last very long. Evidently this one's hour hasn't quite arrived and it isn't fully open.

Here's a bonus shot of some mushrooms.
Mushrooms
(Click on image to enlarge)
Shot that on Saturday when I was taking a little break from digging out a stump, which took an hour and a half even though it wasn't very big. I'm still making up for 18 years of neglect of my property. It's a lot of work.

Yesterday I went to a family reunion in Whiting, Indiana, where my mother grew up. Driving down those short, narrow streets, looking at the houses crammed side-by-side with barely room for one person to walk between them, I got claustrophobia. I'd rather dig out any number of stumps than live in a place like that. My relatives who live there seem perfectly happy, but I'd go insane.

No comments: