Sunday, March 5, 2023

Your Favorite Organist

Yesterday while reading microfilm at the Hobart Historical Society museum, I came across this ad from the Hobart Gazette of June 9, 1949:

2023-03-05. 1949-06-09 Gazette, Ridge Road Gardens ad
(Click on image to enlarge)

Your favorite organist is little Jackson Hendrix, all grown up.


I have mentioned the Ridge Road Gardens before, in connection with an incident in 1921. This ad gives us a more precise location — Ridge Road at Missouri Street. So the Ridge Road Gardens' former location is under the I-65 interchange, possibly in the vicinity of where the notorious Berghoff road house once was. If I had time, I'd go check the 1950s directories at the museum, in case an actual street address was ever listed. My 1962 directory doesn't list the Ridge Road Gardens at all.

2 comments:

Heather said...

According to this : https://archive.org/details/reportsandpapersoflakecountyindiana/page/n101/mode/2up
it was at 3700 Missouri Street.

Ainsworthiana said...

Thank you! :)