Friday, May 15, 2020

Ainsworth Then and Now: John Wood School

1962, and 2015
2020-05-15. img890
2020-05-15. John Wood School 2015
(Click on images to enlarge)
Top image courtesy of the Hobart Historical Society.


"Now" is a relative term. Looking through the photos on my computer (since I can't go out and research), I was amazed to find that in the five years since I took the "now" photo, I never got around to putting together this post.

I'm guessing that the earlier photo was indeed taken when the school was newly completed in 1962. The little village of Ainsworth must have been tremendously proud of it.


Back in 2013, I did a "then and now" involving a photo that was identified by handwritten notes as the John Wood School, but that I thought more likely to be the Jonas E. Salk School in Merrillville. I'm leaving that post up (with a disclaimer) just to remind myself, and all amateur historians, that you can't believe everything you are told.

No comments: