Tuesday, July 18, 2017

The Death of Henry Shearer

This veteran of the Great War died an untimely death in January 1923. He was laid to rest in Hobart Cemetery.

2017-7-18. Henry Shearer obit
(Click on image to enlarge)
Hobart Gazette 9 Feb. 1923.


I am confused about what, if any, relation he had to the other Shearers I've written about. I used to think that his father, Jeronomy, was also known as Jerome and thus was the father of Ainsworth's own Calvin C. Shearer — evidently I was mistaken about that.*

His mother's maiden name being Perry leads me to wonder if she was related to Harriet Perry Chester Casbon. But I am going to have to get a faster internet connection or a better computer before I can figure that out.

♦    ♦    ♦

Beneath Henry's obituary we find a tribute to little Ramie Schumacher.
_______________________
*However, I now think that Calvin Shearer's father, Jerome, was the brother of Cora Shearer Maybaum's grandfather, Daniel (Porter and Lake Counties (Goodspeed/Blanchard), 1860 Census).

No comments: