Friday, January 6, 2012

Under a Parasol (Unidentified Glass-Plate Image)

Parasol
(Click on image to enlarge)
Image courtesy of the Hobart Historical Society.


I have posted the images from all the large glass plates (about 5.5" x 7") in the Mary Kitchen beef hash box. Now we shall see the images from the smaller plates (about 4" x 5") in the cigar box. I have posted one already, so this is the second.

The photographer recorded no identifying information whatsoever for this one. I recognize Tekla Anderson on the right, there. I think the woman on the left was with her in the photo "at Melins" and the double exposure. I don't know who she is, though.

No clue about the woman in the middle.

2 comments:

Suzi Emig said...

Well, I just have to say that it's fortunate all these plates weren't "pitched" long before they got to the museum, considering how they were packaged!! Also, I see downtown Hobart in an entirely new (old?) light. Thanks to your blogs I have learned so much about its history and the familys who lived here...so enjoyable to read your posts...Happy New Year!

Ainsworthiana said...

Thank you! Happy New Year to you too!