Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Deep River County Park: A Sign and a Critter

From today's Deep River outing:

KeepOut
(Click on image to enlarge)

ATLAST_ FARM
NO HUNTING
OR FISHING
KEEP OUT

I can't tell what the name of the farm was, but they might as well have just called it "Unfriendly Farm." Now it's Deep River County Park, no one has to KEEP OUT and the KEEP OUT sign has fallen down and is stuck in the ice. How are the mighty fallen! I myself fell through the ice in photographing it, but fortunately I was wearing two pairs of woolen socks so my wet foot didn't freeze.

Here's a little critter who isn't very good at hiding:

Critter
(Click on image to enlarge)

I don't know what he is. He's about 12 inches from nose to tip of tail, slow on his feet, dark-furred, thin-tailed and not too bright (he thinks I can't see him!), but he seems harmless.

No comments: